Friday, January 16, 2009

Life is funny?


I am at a unique spot in life right now. I have some time to be able to really pray and plan what I want to do. I seem to have a different perspective on life and what I want to do with it. When people ask me, "What are your passions? If you could do anything, what would it be?", I usually want to punch them in the face. I have a myriad of interests and hobbies, but none of them have really equated to an occupation for the future. My brother-in-law believes that people should find something they like to do and then find a way to get paid for it. I wholeheartedly agree, but I am having difficulties with the "find a way to get paid for it." I think I have blamed my laid-back personality for so long that I have convinced myself that I don't have dreams and passions anymore. I have always viewed my flexibility as an asset and now it seems to be something that is hindering me from accomplishing anything. BUT, I know that is not the truth. I believe God places his heart and desires in people. Last night, I heard a message on living mission-minded and using whatever platform God gives us as an opportunity for the Lord to use us powerfully. Even if I end up as a bank teller for the next span of time, I can still accomplish God's purpose for my life. I think the Lord is breaking off my own selfish desires and replacing them with his desires. Ultimately, He is good and knows what is best for me, I just have a difficult time believing that right now. Sorry, this was not a real fun post...

No comments: